ECHS i.e. Engineers Cooperative Housing Society is a fully developed housing society in Islamabad Sector D-18 surrounded by Margalla Hills near Sandemar Dam which lies next to Margalla View Housing Society D-17 Islamabad.

ECHS is a registered cooperative housing society having registration no. 132 under Circular Registrar Cooperative Societies Department ICT Islamabad. The society got registered in 1983 and received NOC from CDA; layout plan was also approved in 2002. ECHS Society was planned in an area of 5297.13 Kanals of land and more than 2000 residential and commercial plots were allotted.


The Society was meant to serve the engineers from all over the country who have engineering degree in any faculty. About 90% of the plots were allotted to engineers and remaining 10% were allotted to the serving or retired officers of Pakistan Army as well as the families of the Shaheeds.


Engineers Cooperative Housing Society is one of the best located society from investment point of view due to its ideal location near Islamabad Zone 1 as well as new Islamabad International Airport. The society is going to get direct access from Islamabad Motorway through an interchange which is under construction and expected to be completed within a few months. The society has planned schools, parks, shopping centers, commercial malls, community centers and much more to serve the needs of the residents.

Commercial Areas:

The society has two big commercial areas, one is main commercial area in the center (Markaz) of the society where 100 Sq.Yards commercial plots were planned and now the construction is going on at full swing. The other major commercial area is North Commercial which is planned on 100ft Main Boulevard of North Avenue, where 151 Sq.Yards commercial plots are available with 100ft wide car parking space which makes it an ideal commercial area for the offices and outlets of big brands of Pakistan which include restaurants, hotels, banks, shopping malls etc.

Residential Areas:

ECHS Society consists of blocks A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, J, K and M blocks. Out of these blocks, B and M block doesn’t have possession. Block B lies at the land which is not yet purchased by ECHS, and it will be developed as soon as the society purchases the land. The mentioned land was issued to ECHS by the Government but later it was held on stay by the court order. Regarding M block, this block is located along the Gulshan-e-Sehat E-18 Phase 2, and it is still under-developed and development work is near completion. Water, Sewerage, Roads, Streets, and Electricty has been laid in the block and it will soon be given possession.

ECHS consists of 600sq yards residential plots in all blocks, except M block, where it has planned some 300sq yards plots too. Block A, J, K, D, H are considered to be most expensive blocks of ECHS which is height area, average price of plots is around 45 Lac Rupees per Kanal, whereas block C, G, F and M are still cheaper where 1 Kanal Plot can be around 30 Lac Rupees.

Many houses are built in ECHS society and many families are living here, as all the development work including water, electricity, gas, sewerage, roads, storm water drainage, wastage lines etc has already been completed in all developed blocks.

Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!

Looking for best investment advice?
Get your free quote today from Thaikadar.com.

Thank you for your message. It has been sent.
There was an error trying to send your message. Please try again later.
Best Options for Investment